Tuesday, March 29, 2011

You CAN Dance IF You Want To

 This weekend, I went to my little eight year old niece Ava's Dance competition in Madison, Wisconsin.  Ava dances for Starz Dance Academy and performs in competitions on a regular occasion and LOVES dancing for us and showing off her moves any chance she gets!

ANYWAYS, what I thought  was going to be a weekend of little ballerina's prancing around in tight's and tutu's turned into a total fashion explosion and a great show to say the least! My beautiful niece won first in every event including jazz, hip hop, and poms and she even got to take home an amazing trophy that was almost to big for her to carry!



Isn't she just adorable! Light of my life! Here's a vid for you guys to check out to!  



Ava did such a great job and is so talented! I couldn't be a more proud aunt!



So, I thought it would be fun this week to explore the world of DANCE.  I put together a few looks that really show some timeless moves and incorporate GREAT fashion at the same time!  Take a look!

THE JIVE

The Jive was one of the big dances of the 1950's.  It was depicted in movies like Grease, which brought back the old school swing and made it a legend.
Nextdoor JIVE!
Hazel Dress
RRT Pewter Necklace
THE TWIST


Come on baby, and do the twist! You know the lyrics, and you know how to swing! The twist was one of the biggest dance moves in the 60's following the iconic song by Chubby Checker, shown above!

NextDoor Twist!
BB Dakota Tank
BB Dakota White Beaded Tank
Citizens of Humanity Jeans
RRT Pewter Necklace


 DISCO
Abba made being a "dancing queen" a household name, and also helped the 70's to dance to a new beat! The disco allowed the 70's to be fun and loose with fashion, as shown below!

Nextdoor's Dancing Queen
Splendid The Die Top
Yellow Michael Stars Tank
ND leather Cuff
RRT Design Earrings
Seven for all Mankind Dojo Jeans

THE MOONWALK

We all know Michael Jackson as the reigning Late  King of Pop and the Greatest Dancer that has ever lived ! From iconic moves like the moonwalk, to his class style, MJ truly gave meaning to the word DANCE.

Tulle Black Knit Blazer
Splendid White Tank
Seven for All Mankind Bedazzled Black Skinnies
RRT Design Necklace



I hope you had as much fun looking at these outfits as much as I did putting them together! And remember:





4 comments:

  1. Tee hee. I look like a nut. I had fun with you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks lynee for being such a great model! haha and you don't look like a nut!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun blog..did I ever tell you I was a dancer in another lifetime? Oh yeah. I can still cut a rug.

    ReplyDelete