Saturday, September 24, 2011

Rainy Days and Mondays




If you have ever turned on the radio or even listen to music for that matter, you should know who Karen Carpenter is.  If you don't...you are dead to me.





IM JUST KIDDING!
 But really, Karen Carpenter is probably not only one of my favorite singers, but my FAVORITE songwriters.  I mean honestly, songs like Rainy Days and Mondays and Superstar don't come around to often, especially in this day in age when every song written appears to be utterly transparent.  Below I posted a video of the late Karen Carpenter singing her sorrowful hit.  Its one of  those songs that really relates you to the artist and makes you appreciate what good music is.  Take a look!

So in light of this RAINY DAY and the Carpenters, I decided to put a few outfits together that would not only turn that frown upside down in this clouds, but turn anyone from frumpy to fashionable! Check out this Karen Carpenter inspired looks!



Karen Carpenter Re-creation



Karen Carpenter Re-Creation


As most of you know, I'm in LOVE with retro fashion, and these looks are retro with a modern twist! Stop in NextDoor to check out all of these great looks and create your own song with style:)

1 comment:

  1. Retro is a culturally outdated or aged style, trend, mode, or fashion, from the overall postmodern past, that has since that time become functionally or superficially the norm once again. The use of "retro" style iconography and imagery interjected into post-modern art, advertising, mass media, etc. It generally implies a vintage of at least 15 or 20 years. Never thought I think of myself as vintage or retro, oh well. Love your blogs!!!

    ReplyDelete