Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Out for a Walk



There are three forms of visual art: Painting is art to look at, sculpture is art you can walk around, and architecture is art you can walk through”-Dan Rice
There are so many charming and admirable things in our cities that many of us don't take the time to truly appreciate and cherish.  This week, I visited  the  Historic Third Ward located right off of Saint Paul Avenue in Milwaukee, where ingenuity and artistic stimulation are found at every turn.  Sure, there are gazillions of great boutiques, MIAD, and of course the Public Market which is great for a bite to eat, but in all due respect, the most engaging of all for me has to be the buildings themselves.  Truly a dime a dozen do you find such architecture as compelling and refreshing as ones like the Broadway Theater, and, it doesn't take a great art enthusiast to notice the pure elegance between the streets.  Take a look!









There is so many colors and textures in the architecture I saw in the Historic Third Ward, that really got me thinking about pieces that you could "walk through", and really LIVE in.  I choose colors that were darker and earthy, that could truly relate to what I saw downtown! Take a look!
Earth Mother Look
BB Dakota
Tule

Back View of Tule Vintage Top
I loved this look because it really brought together the natural elements in the city.  I choose neutral colors with simplistic lines to really showcase the elegance in the ensemble and provide for an everyday look.

I've got the Blues
Splendid
Michael Stars
Seven for all Mankind

Back View: Seven for All Mankind Jeans
This outfit was really about the "live" factor.  I choose pieces that were comfortable, with eye popping accents like the great scarf!  The jeans were a straight leg Seven for All Mankind, which is my favorite jean because of its comfort level and great pocket placement!  For the top pieces I did a layering technique, and choose a pale blue with a soft yellow to really give off an eased look!
Sky Rocket
Ya Dress
What really struck me about this dress was the texture.  The top portion is completely beaded and embellished, which really takes this dress from simple  to elegant.  It's versatile, and can be worn to work, out with a friend, or even on a night on the town!  I paired it with my great black combat boots to give it a more urban appeal, but with a great pair of heels or even flips you move this dress in any direction you want!

Overall, the Historic Third Ward is a great place to visit. It has so much culture and movement, that its impossible not to be moved by.  Next time you visit though, pay special attention to the view from OUTSIDE, and take a moment to reflect on its beauty and get inspired.



No comments:

Post a Comment